The Additive Manufacturing Seminar which took place in Bremen, 13 – 15 April proved another success for EPMA. The seminar was hosted by Fraunhofer IFAM and organized by the European Additive Manufacturing Group EAMG of the EPMA. 56 delegates from throughout Europe attended the two-day course which benefitted from the expertise of 10 speakers drawn from both academia and industry.
Topics covered included:
- A Technology Overview by Mr Claus Aumund-Kopp of Fraunhofer IFAM
- Part Design by Mr Peter Sander of Airbus
- Software by Dr Schillen of Materialise
- Metal Powders for ALM by Mr Keith Murray of Sandvik Osprey
- Machine Operation by Mr Rémi Allain of Poly-Shape
- Additive Design & Manufacturing – Products of Tomorrow by Mr Robert Vaeth of FIT Production
- Quality Control/Product Testing by Mr Tim Domagala of Materialise
- Standards by Mr Klas Boivie of Sandvik AB and
- Case Studies by Mr Campbell Pegg of OHB System AG
Participants also had the opportunity to visit three AM facilities: Materialise, BEGO and IFAM
At the end of the first day, delegates and speakers were able to discuss different aspects of AIM while enjoying the magnificent menu at the Ständige Vertretung Restaurant in the heart of Bremen Old Town.